C4 Forums | Control4

Can EP-200-9HTR 4X4 video matrix be programmed without IO Extender

mthomas722

I have a question about one of the devices, EP-200-9HTR 4X4 video matrix, that I just got recently installed into my system. I'm told by my local dealer that I need to purchase an IO extender in order to program the video matrix into my control4 iPad app. The IO extender cost an additional $399. My only question is can the video matrix be programmed into my control4 system WITHOUT the IO Extender?

BTW, I'm not adding any additional devices to use the additional IR's. The extender will be use just for the sole purpose of programming the video matrix (or I think because they are unable to figure out how to program the video matrix since my dealer story originally was that he needed more time). Please help with this question. I have the following installed into my rack that is tied into the video matrix. I also attached a diagram of my entire system. There are few minor differences but for the most part this is my system.

1 control 4 model CH-300 4 zone controller

3 Control 4 light switch locations (2 dimmers, 1 key-pad)

1 control 4 mp-2 media player

1 Episode model B-100 4By4 matrix switcher

1 PAD operation app

4 Samsung TV's (2 32in, 1 50 in, 1 27in) are connected to the video matrix

Playstation

Cable (FIOS)

DVD Player

Media

I currently need to use the video matrix remote to change the input/output before I can use the control4 app on my iPad to control the tvs. The dealer is asking me to purchase an IO Extender in order to program the video matrix. I got my system installed in late December 2011 (right before the new year). I have a balance that is due but I don't feel the programming is complete until I'm able to control my video matrix via the control4 app on my iPad. Here is the email thread between myself and the dealer.

==================================

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 7:12 PM

To: Marcus Thomas

Cc: {Tech who installed my system}

Subject: Re: Final invoice for video and Sound system

Marcus, if the device does not work I would not make you purchase it. As far as adding tv's to the system I will refer this to steve he knowns the wiring better than me. But I know we need to get to the tech wiring to do so. Steve will pick it up from there

{Dealer}

On Feb 24, 2012, at 5:49 PM, "Marcus Thomas" wrote:

Hey {Dealer},

I’m doing great. I’ll be even better once my all my programming is complete. So here are my concerns.

1) I’m spending $400 more bucks for a device I wasn’t told that I needed. Steve originally told me that he just needed more time to figure it how to program the video matrix since it was fairly new which I didn’t mind.

2) Is there a 100% guarantee that this device can be programmed and integrated into my system at the time of installation?

3) Can I integrate my other TV’s (3) in my house hold using this device?

Thanks,

Marcus

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 5:21 PM

To: Marcus Thomas

Cc: {Tech who installed my system}

Subject: RE: Final invoice for video and Sound system

Marcus, How’s it going. In order to Program the Matrix switch to work with your IPAD we need to add a Control 4 IO extender $399.00 this will give us controllability of that device. I will not charge you labor to install this device assuming we can collect the final payment due upon completion of installation. Let me know and I can order the part

{Dealer}

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 10:48 AM

To: {Dealer}

Cc:{Tech who installed my system}

Subject: RE: Final invoice for video and Sound system

Yes, you guys replaced my light switch but my video matrix is still not programmed. I was told you guys needed a few more weeks to figure out how to program the video matrix. As of now, I still have to manually switch my video matrix for input/output instead of through the iPad app. When are you guys planning to come back to program the video matrix?

Archived