C4 Forums | Control4

WTB - Just Add Power 1G Transmitters

spugh

I don't know if it's just me, but doesn't it look like JAP is abandoning the 1G devices? No one seems to have any new 1G product in stock and 2G prices are too rich for my pockets. It sucks because I have a few more TV's that I'd like to add. I don't even want to think about the possibility of a transmitter or receiver failing :(

I don't know if it's just me, but doesn't it look like JAP is abandoning the 1G devices? No one seems to have any new 1G product in stock and 2G prices are too rich for my pockets. It sucks because I have a few more TV's that I'd like to add. I don't even want to think about the possibility of a transmitter or receiver failing :(

Correction! I received an email today clarifying that Just Add Power still produces, sells and supports the 1G devices. They are still available for the home theater / home automation crowd. Sorry for the bad information. If you visit their site you can can buy as many as you need.

I don't know if it's just me' date=' but doesn't it look like JAP is abandoning the 1G devices? No one seems to have any new 1G product in stock and 2G prices are too rich for my pockets. It sucks because I have a few more TV's that I'd like to add. I don't even want to think about the possibility of a transmitter or receiver failing :([/quote']

Correction! I received an email today clarifying that Just Add Power still produces, sells and supports the 1G devices. They are still available for the home theater / home automation crowd. Sorry for the bad information. If you visit their site you can can buy as many as you need.

Just to further clarify, the 1G product line is still in new production. What happened is that in December we had an unexpected surge of 1G orders from our distributors that depleted the stock of standard 308A Transmitters and 108A Receivers (Rackmount Transmitters and POE Receivers were not sold out). At that point we changed the availability in the webstore for 1G 108A/308A devices to 4 weeks. That's how long it takes to order in the chips, produce the circuit boards, build, and test a production run. We finished the new batch of 108A/308A in January, but forgot to change the availability on our webstore back to 24 hours, instead of 4 weeks. The next thing I know, chicken little reports that the sky is falling and that JAP is abandoning 1G.

Let me make this crystal clear, it is our intention to keep manufacturing new 1G inventory for the forseeable future. While we continue to work on product improvements, we understand the importance of continuing to support our install base with access to new inventory for both service and expansion. There are several large 1G installations planned for 2012, and we are comitted to supporting them for the long haul. The same will be true for 2G, whenever we come out with 3G, 4G, 5G. etc... While we don't intend to stop designing new solutions, we will always do our best to provide ongoing support to those who have invested in a Just Add Power solution.

Archived