C4 Forums | Control4

Intagrater problems!

Good day all,

I have a fighting match going on and looking for "advice" or solid "answer"

I have 2 8 zone amps with 14 zones of audio, and 4 x 4 HDMI. Here is the senario

In my hearth room, I installed 3 pairs of speakers and a sub. Every other room I have 1 pair of speakers. The hearth was designed to do a 6:1 SS. (Temp till theater room is built) The center pair of the three I want as a audio zone off the amps (when not watching 6:1 SS). I have a Yamaha RXA 810, with a Vidabox SlimV3 feeding the HDMI. My installer says I can not have "digital DTS" in the hearth room, while at the same time, my kid lisening to analog radio in another room. He claims I need a "breakout" box installed between the Vidabox and the yamaha to send analog signal to my amps. My intagrater says I need a automatic A/B switch for the center pair of the three pair. It is automatic, with DA as priority. When the yamaha is sending a signal for 6:1 SS the switch will then play the digital out the center pair which puts center pair coming from the C4 amp AND center channel from yamaha.

Installer is saying the Yamaha CAN NOT put out digital SS at the same time is sends analog to DA. Intagrater says it will.

Who do I believe?????

Help!

To add to that, (a part I forgot) the yamaha rep says to the intagrater that in order to get 6:1 SS with DA analog, you have to use the party mode. I think what installer is saying, when in party mode, it "dummy downs" the digital to be the same as the analog. The intagrater says no, it will produce digital 6:1 SS at the same time as zone 2 preout is producing analog to DA.

I hope I am explaining this correctly.

I employed a "consultant" that led me to the "installer". I wired the whole home (new home), bought the gear, mounted the gear in a rack, and both consultant and installer showed up, finished wiring and programmed system (almost).

Vidabox outputs out 1 HDMI only. Direct TV runs thru the Yamaha for music or surround via HDMI. Does the Yamaha in Zone 2 send a analog to DA at the same time from one source while vidabox is playing SS on main zone?

Most receivers need analog audio input as well as HDMI from the sources to output to a second zone while the Main zone is playing digital Surround Sound. The sources also need to play digitla and audio ouput at the same time. Not all do.

Archived