C4 Forums | Control4

MyHome app stopped working

My MyHome app has stopped working on my iPhone and Kindle Fire. I tried turning the phone on/off and also tried to remover/reinstall the app. It won't connect with my C4 300. Is there a quick and easy solution? I get a 'Device Not Authenticated' error. If I hit Identify it says, 'Error: Not waiting to identify a device'

Thanks,

Dennis

tried that, at the connect screen it says that is unable to authenticate and gives the same basic message that i'm not going to be using the app anytime soon.

"Device NOt Authenticated. This device is not authenticated to work with your home automation system. Not waiting to identify a device" There are two buttons below, one that says IDENTIFY and the other is a Cancel.

Pushing the IDENTIFY button produces: Unable to authenticate this device with your home automation system. Please verify that you have a valid Control4 License for the product. Error: Not waiting to identify a device. Then to kick me in the shins, this screen also has an Identify button on it. Pushing it just reloads the current you don't belong screen.

Bummer. On the plus side, I did get to snowboard today.

tried that, at the connect screen it says that is unable to authenticate and gives the same basic message that i'm not going to be using the app anytime soon.

"Device NOt Authenticated. This device is not authenticated to work with your home automation system. Not waiting to identify a device" There are two buttons below, one that says IDENTIFY and the other is a Cancel.

Pushing the IDENTIFY button produces: Unable to authenticate this device with your home automation system. Please verify that you have a valid Control4 License for the product. Error: Not waiting to identify a device. Then to kick me in the shins, this screen also has an Identify button on it. Pushing it just reloads the current you don't belong screen.

Bummer. On the plus side, I did get to snowboard today.

Sorry that did not work. Might have to give dealer a call on this. You must be up north it's 70 at my place...

what the heck -- that's it, i have a site license trial that expired on the 9th... my dealer is sort of really, really testing my patience...

You might have to make that call today... :) or go back out and hit the slopes and cool down... :)

• 3 months later...

This issue still exists for me. I am having the same exact issue. I checked my Subscriptions. I did a 90 day trial, which expired, but then I purchased a 1 year Subscription, which does not expire until November 2012. I still can't connect to my Director or Authenticate my iPad.

This issue still exists for me. I am having the same exact issue. I checked my Subscriptions. I did a 90 day trial, which expired, but then I purchased a 1 year Subscription, which does not expire until November 2012. I still can't connect to my Director or Authenticate my iPad.

MyHome license are NOT a subscription. This is a 4Sight subscription, which is the web interface to connect to the system. This doesn't include any licenses for the MyHome apps. You need a MyHome Device or MyHome Site licenses.

Archived