C4 Forums | Control4

Which HDMI Switch

hattingh

I have just started the Control4 setup in my media room. Two items are not communicating to the HC800....the HDMI switch - 4 source to the Sim2 projector - and the HC 800 cannot read the code from the remote for the drapes. Which HDMI switch communicates with control4 and is anyone here familiar with Curtain Call CL800 motorized drapes? When I contacted the distributor they mentioned that I need to check if 'Please check if Control 4 has dry contact to other system (I believe they do)?'

The company that is doing the programming said they have no answers.....I guess thats Haymarket VA for you.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks everyone

i had that problem with my Motorised Screen...i contacted the people who sold me the Screen they sent me a different controller compatible with C4

if you able to return your Motorised curtain rod...and get this one, works great with C4, remote learning

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120-INCH-MOTORIZED-REMOTE-CONTROL-ELECTRIC-CURTAIN-ROD-/180500999339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a06b2acab#ht_2165wt_1396

i had that problem with my Motorised Screen...i contacted the people who sold me the Screen they sent me a different controller compatible with C4

if you able to return your Motorised curtain rod...and get this one, works great with C4, remote learning

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120-INCH-MOTORIZED-REMOTE-CONTROL-ELECTRIC-CURTAIN-ROD-/180500999339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a06b2acab#ht_2165wt_1396

Awesome, thanks for the link.

John

Hey those look cool.

What is the make and what is the driver called?

Mind telling how you set them up? Are they IR or wireless? If IR, how bid you get the IR bud up there? IF wireless are they zigbee?

Cheers

What is the make and what is the driver called?

Mind telling how you set them up? Are they IR or wireless? If IR, how bid you get the IR bud up there? IF wireless are they zigbee?

Cheers

i wish i could be of help,but when it comes to IR of RF, i have no clue

i can tell you its was easy to assemble, my tech guy, used the remote control to learn, the open and close function

the Brand is METechs

same companie i got my motorised Screen from

If he learned the codes, it must be IR...

Did the tech put a little IR bud on the motor- or point an ir bluster from the controller in the direction of your drapes

From their web page

"Remote control Electric Motorized Curtain Rods are widely used in Window Treatment, Home Theatre, Projector Screen Cover, Room Divider, Theatre Stage Cover, Hard Reachable Places, Larger or longer windows, and all other residential and commercial automatic and decoration projects! Operate the window shades in your couch by remote, or increase energy efficiency and personal security with automatically close/open draperies or blinds shade by a timer or by any other automation controller. Control hard to reach window, multiple windows, and large windows by touching of button is truly Automation Lifestyle! The IR remote can be learned by most universal learning remote, like X10 universal remotes, Logitech remotes, and many others."

If he learned the codes, it must be IR...

Did the tech put a little IR bud on the motor- or point an ir bluster from the controller in the direction of your drapes

yes...there is a little red light transmiter on each, them red lights are wired to C4

once theater is all completed, there will be a sequence of events...lights will dim to 25%, drapes will open, screen will come down, projector will turn on, then once on, it will play my theater intro

my theater is the main reason i got C4

If he learned the codes' date=' it must be IR...

Did the tech put a little IR bud on the motor- or point an ir bluster from the controller in the direction of your drapes[/quote']

yes...there is a little red light transmiter on each, them red lights are wired to C4

once theater is all completed, there will be a sequence of events...lights will dim to 25%, drapes will open, screen will come down, projector will turn on, then once on, it will play my theater intro

my theater is the main reason i got C4

My theater is also the main reason for control4. However I seem to have a rookie company over here in Haymarket doing the programming and communicating. I have exactly the same components in Cape Town and there the techs were able to communicate with everything.........and that's in AFRICA!! I tell you, the techs can make all the difference.

I have just started the Control4 setup in my media room. Two items are not communicating to the HC800....the HDMI switch - 4 source to the Sim2 projector - and the HC 800 cannot read the code from the remote for the drapes. Which HDMI switch communicates with control4 and is anyone here familiar with Curtain Call CL800 motorized drapes? When I contacted the distributor they mentioned that I need to check if 'Please check if Control 4 has dry contact to other system (I believe they do)?'

The company that is doing the programming said they have no answers.....I guess thats Haymarket VA for you.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks everyone

I found that Rocketfish makes a HDMI switch that communicates with Control4, just in case someone else has the same issues

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380423598976?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Archived