C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad Managed and Follow Bound Color

zaphod

I recently had my dealer upgrade me from 1.7.3 to 2.2. I see that there are some changes in Composer HE, such as there is now a Follow Bound Color option (I think this is new) in addition to keypad managed.

I am guessing that Follow Bound Color means that the keypad will inherit the colors of the switch or dimmer that the button is bound to. But what if there is no binding - shouldn`t this be greyed out? I have buttons that are not bound to anything, they aren`t even used in some instances, and they are not greyed out.

But I do have some instanced where the Keypad Managed checkbox is greyed out - in what instances should it be greyed out?

And what does keypad managed mean - I thought it was supposed to mean that the color was bound to the switch - but if that is the case shouldn't this now be deprecated?

And why isn't this covered in the Composer HE help file?

And how do I even know which keypad buttons are bound and which aren't? My dealer showed me on his PC but the screens he showed me don't seem to exist in Composer HE.

I know I'm blind but I didn't think I was that bad- where is the "Follow Bound Color"? I see Buttons Attached and LED Attached in CHE 2.2. You dealer sets-up connections so if you have other plans, you'll need to get him to unbound. I've done this many times. The utility used is called BUTTON_LINK.

OK, I just remembered- you're talking about a 2BT right? So, I have 2BT units that are not "bound" to load-carrying dimmer or switch. Keypad Managed and Follow Bound Color tick boxes are still available. The one that is connected does have the Keypad Managed tick box greyed-out. So, I think you are right, once bound to another device, you are locked-in so to speak.

I am talking about 6 buttons. I can see where the Follow Bound Color checkbox is, but what I mean is how do I know if a button on a 6 button is bound to a switch/dimmer from Composer HE? Is it just if the "Keypad Managed" button is greyed out? I don't think HE has access to the Connections screen that shows the bindings, does it?

Archived