C4 Forums | Control4

Controller Giving Extra Signals to FIOS DVR

Recently, I began to experience in issue when I press the up, down, left, right, or "0" buttons on my remote or IPAD. It seems that when any of these buttons are pressed once, they send a double signal to the controller which prompts the DVR box display two zeroes or scan through the menus twice instead of once in any direction. I have tried to reset the remote and the controller yet this doesn't seem to correct the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't want to contact my installer to fix such a small issue. Thanks for any and all assistance...

Typically, this means the 'repeat count' for the driver's IR needs to be adjusted.

Every IR signal that a controller sends gets sent multiple times, which is the nature of IR.

Some devices require fewer repeats (some only one), and some require additional repeats to correctly identify the signal.

In most cases, once a driver has been captured, the repeat count does not need to be adjusted, but in other cases, it is necessary.

Unfortunately, this is something an installer needs to tweak, as it's making changes to the driver in ComposerPro.

Sorry.

RyanE

I had originally tweaked mine when installed, and see the DVR lockup a few times a week as well. I just wait a while (long while) and it generally starts working again. on occasion I have to go power cycle the DVR. major PITA.

Archived