C4 Forums | Control4

Single Speaker Zone

I have just one remaining zone (2 channels) on my 16 AMP V3. Would it be possible to wire a single speaker to each of the kids rooms from these last 2 channels for independent control in each of the rooms?

you could run two runs of 16/4 from the amp to each room and then install seperate v/c's in each room and them run a 16/4 from each v/c to an individual stereo input spkr.

You would not get seperate source's but you would have volume control

It would be really nice if this feature was implemented. It would work great for areas where one speaker is more than adequate. Front porch, half bath, walk in closet, etc...

I couldn't agree more

I find this kind of weird. One speaker? Which one, left or right? You want Control4 to offer monaural audio?? Uhh... Even in my Powder room I use a dual-element speaker and I always get compliments on the fidelity (even if they only spend two minutes in that room).

I find this kind of weird. One speaker? Which one, left or right? You want Control4 to offer monaural audio?? Uhh... Even in my Powder room I use a dual-element speaker and I always get compliments on the fidelity (even if they only spend two minutes in that room).

Yeah, that is what I'm doing in it's place...just gobbles up zones more quickly.

^Not suggesting two amps at all. But, a good dealer will quiz you on where you really need "zones" vs. AVRs. You could combine adjacent rooms and use L-Pads to further control sound/no sound. ichbinbose suggested this and this is what I also do.

I find this kind of weird. One speaker? Which one' date=' left or right? You want Control4 to offer monaural audio?? Uhh... Even in my Powder room I use a dual-element speaker and I always get compliments on the fidelity (even if they only spend two minutes in that room).[/quote']

Yeah, that is what I'm doing in it's place...just gobbles up zones more quickly.

You don't put it on a separate zone. How long does one stay in there, one min., two? Team it up with the dining room or kitchen or whatever room it's adjacent to. Think about it, guests eat in your formal dining room then relieve themselves in your powder room- same muzak...

Archived