C4 Forums | Control4

System very slow after replacing modem/router

I recently added Comcast voice to my internet and had to replace the modem/router. I configured the new router with the same settings as the old one (DHCP settings for IP range, etc). For a few minutes my HC300 and 200B didn't like the confusion on IP addresses, but I restarted them and everything got addressed correctly. However, since doing that, my system is VERY slow to respond. Changing channels or volume takes 3 seconds from button press to actual change. This used to be closer to 10 seconds, but after shutting down EVERY network-connected device and rebooting everything, it seemed to be back to normal. But a few hours later, it's slowing down again. Does anyone have an idea why this would happen? I'm on 2.2.0; I thought since my system worked on a Zigbee mesh, it wouldn't be so dependent on IP communication.

I appreciate any useful feedback.

We have seen the newer Comcast all in one router combo destroy Control4 System, anything from causing director to run near 100% to not being able to check in with Control4 to pull license data etc. All of our jobs require a standalone Comcast Cable modem that JUST does internet, then we feed that to our own router. We like the Asus RT-N16 but you can run any good quality router.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived