C4 Forums | Control4

Irrigation: EtherRain

Neter66

Has anyone integrated with EtherRain before? We are having our irrigation system installed next week, and the controllers they are using are the EtherRain controllers.

I've looked at them, and they do not do schedules etc etc, they are simply controllers, and take their commands from a 3rd party system to execute a watering event.

They've integrated with 3rd party automation systems, and even have a Java and VB.NET reference implementation to get status, as well as start / stop watering.

Interface is a standard HTTP POST interface. There are two URLs, one to get status, and one to start the watering event...

If a driver has not been written, how hard is it to create a one way driver (the controller does not initiate connections, only responds to commands) using Lua?

Thanks

D.

Not bad, good find there. I don't worry about C4-interfacing things that work fine as standalone. I like this product and hitting it from a workstation is OK. Their rain sensor is a piece of garbage but that's easily fixed.

I don't worry about C4-interfacing things that work fine as standalone.

Agreed, except there is no scheduler in the product. You have to use an external scheduler to kick off the events - thus the need to integrate into c4.

Yes, I can use the Internet to schedule, and have the "cloud" start it, but that's not quite what I'd like.

I need a very simple driver to hit an HTTP URL to fire the system up.

Thanks

D.

Archived