C4 Forums | Control4

Security System Keypad Interface - Custom Drivers?

I am looking for some feedback on the standard proxy being used for the security keypad on the C4 touch screens and iPad devices. There are many postings regarding the best security system or the best integration, but I wanted a spin on custom drivers. Does anyone know of a driver to present more then a standard touchscreen security keypad with DSC, Ademco, or GE Concord 4. Ideally something closer to the new advanced touchscreen keypads being offered by security systems today versus the legacy panel interfaces we have now.

The best I can see is just building some macros, but was hoping some 3rd party drivers might be available that I am missing.

Any photos of interfaces to the keypad would be appreciated. Thank you

With that in mind...

How do you guys handle the door chime issue?

If you use Infinity screens instead of the alarm console and the client wants to hear a beep or chime when a door or window is opened, how do you accomplish this? Is there a way through programming to access the Infinity speaker?

I am looking for some feedback on the standard proxy being used for the security keypad on the C4 touch screens and iPad devices. There are many postings regarding the best security system or the best integration, but I wanted a spin on custom drivers. Does anyone know of a driver to present more then a standard touchscreen security keypad with DSC, Ademco, or GE Concord 4. Ideally something closer to the new advanced touchscreen keypads being offered by security systems today versus the legacy panel interfaces we have now.

The issue is that the security panel driver can only activate functionality that is built into the serial protocol of the panel.

Anything else is going to be custom for each setup.

As far as the UI, the security proxy allows for a keypad, and additional buttons. Someone could certainly make the additional buttons available for macro type programming, but as far as I know, no one has done so.

As an alternative to the built-in UI, a 4Store app could be made that could look like whatever was wanted, but it would have to be built in Flash, and would only work on Control4 native UIs (not on MyHome Android / iPhone / iPad).

RyanE

Does anyone here know if in previous versions of the security system proxy that a button for showing open zone status existed?

I have an installer that says it did and a client that is expecting it. Any help on clean this up would be great.

Thanks

Doug Doyle

The Security proxy doesn't have a preset set of buttons. It's just a grid, with an additional list where you can define (in the .c4i's XML) what buttons you want.

It's certainly possible that some security panel has a button that causes the security panel to list the open zones in the display area.

Unfortunately, I don't know the details of which panel (if any) do that.

It all depends on the panel protocol and the driver.

RyanE

Archived