C4 Forums | Control4

DirecTV's TV audio & Receiver audio help

***Connections***

DirecTV's HDMI -> TV's HDMI

DirecTV's Optical -> Receiver's Optical

With the attached binding photo and connection above, when I hit Watch->Satellite on the SR250, all 3 turn on (TV, Receiver, and DirecTV box) and both sound from receiver and TV are ON, which is I don't want.

How can I make it work so that it'll give me 2 options, either sound from reciever or sound from TV? if sound from receiver is selected, sound from TV is set to MUTE, or if sound from TV is selected, the receiver turns off.

Thanks,

Lets assume you did not have CPro. In that case, you could assign programming so that when the room source is DVR, some button like # or * or a colored button would toggle off the AVR or leave the AVR ON and mute the TV. Since you have CPro (I will assume by your screen shot), it's up to you, it's your project.

***Connections***

DirecTV's HDMI -> TV's HDMI

DirecTV's Optical -> Receiver's Optical

With the attached binding photo and connection above, when I hit Watch->Satellite on the SR250, all 3 turn on (TV, Receiver, and DirecTV box) and both sound from receiver and TV are ON, which is I don't want.

How can I make it work so that it'll give me 2 options, either sound from reciever or sound from TV? if sound from receiver is selected, sound from TV is set to MUTE, or if sound from TV is selected, the receiver turns off.

Thanks,

Just looked at your screenshot for the first time. The second videos audio end point isn't set...for starters.

Not really what I meant. If customer has AVR available in that zone, most likely that would be the device to come on with the TV. Dealer would set it up that way. It's up to the client to ask if it needs to go both ways. I know you are trying to offer a solution but he has CPro and can do it however he needs to.

Done.

I just added another Satellite, called it "Satellite TV", route the hdmi to Satellite TV, share same IR, and used another component cable to the AVR for the "Satellite HiFi".

As of now, if I push watch on the SR250, it gives me 2 SatelliteTV and SatelliteHifi, the system adjust accordingly to the selection.

:) thanks all for your inputs.

I'm not sure what this gives you other than if you want to save some juice and not fire-up an AVR? I use AVRs on all my TVs and not the built-in static reproducers. Anywho, score one for DYI I guess...

That's fine. Not looking to become a dealer but curious as to what drives clients. I guess you really aren't a client in the traditional sense if you have the capability to alter your project the way you did.

Archived