C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung TV LN32D405 Componet Work Around Please

OK, so I am adding a TV to another beadroom. I purchased a Samsung 32 inch LCD Model number LN32D405 from BJ's. My questions for the forum if anyone can help:

1. There is no Driver listed for this TV on the Online Data Base. Does anyone have this TV and what driver did they use or did they create a driver with Driver Wors?

2. The real question is this TV only has one componet input. As I emply the Sony Video matris I will run cat 5e to the tv and then use a Maxlab CAV-CVB-1 Balun into the tv via the componet jack. I am placeing a HC 200 by the TV, but since there is no second componet jack on the TV I have no way of hooking in the HC 200 for the on screen GUI. Is there a simple RGB to HDMI attachment that I can use and put the HC 200 into the HDMI jack on the TV or do I need a scaler first before I can go from RGB to HDMI.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have a 1000, 300 and 500 in the rack with the Sony Video Matrix. I have the 500 going into the Video Matrix and can use that if I have to, but that on screen gui services two tv's, an outdoot tv and a bedroom tv. I am concerned that both bedrooms will fight over the 500's on screen gui so I was going to place the 200 behind the new tv to serve as the on screen gui, ir control for the tv. The three cable boxes are in the rack and go into the Sony. I was going to run cat5e to the tv and simple use the Muxlab balun but that will eat up the only component input on the tv so I may be forced to use the 500 that is in the matrix if I can go from component out from the 200 to hdmi input on the tv.

Ajbarrister, do you have an available input on the Sony matrix? If so, you can put it in to the matrix with the other, but bind certain GUI's to provide the OSD for certain TV's so they won't conflict.

I thought of that Dan, but one of the other reasons I want to put it at the tv location is to use the IR out of the 200 to control the TV. I hate to use up a cat 5 that I have run to the attic just to get IR control. I am now leaning towards doing that; put the 200 in the rack in the basement, put it into the video matrix and bind that in to the output from the matrix which runs to the tv and then just use an extra cat 5 that I have in the attic for the IR bud at the tv and the other end by the rack I can splice the jack and put that into the 200.

I thought of that Dan, but one of the other reasons I want to put it at the tv location is to use the IR out of the 200 to control the TV. I hate to use up a cat 5 that I have run to the attic just to get IR control. I am now leaning towards doing that; put the 200 in the rack in the basement, put it into the video matrix and bind that in to the output from the matrix which runs to the tv and then just use an extra cat 5 that I have in the attic for the IR bud at the tv and the other end by the rack I can splice the jack and put that into the 200.

But, weren't you going to need a CAT5 for the HC200? If you relocate the HC200 to the rack, it should free up the network cable that was going to be used by the HC200 (unless you were going to run the HC200 off a WiFi stick).

Also...if you have an ethernet run to the TV, you should be able to hijack one pair from the ethernet without affecting the TV's internet connection.

You are right. The TV is not internet ready (cheap Samsung). I think I am going to place the 200 near the rack and put it into the matrix. I will use 2 cat5e at the tv, one for the balun and one for ir the third will be for the kids wii or xbox. I have an xbox for the older one in the basement so it looks like a second gaming unit will be needed for the younger one. LOL. Thank Dan.

Archived