C4 Forums | Control4

HC200 Quits firing IR Buds after turning Room Off

I am still running 1.7.4 embernet and my system has been stable for a very long time. I added a new media player to my system and added an IR Bud to the HC200 and in moving the equipment around disconnected the HC200 from power. Reconnected it and it powered on established a link to director on the HC300. Select a device to watch and everything works properly with the system powering on. Navigation works fine with all devices and system is functioning normally. Hit the Room Off button all IR buds still firing and system shuts down normally. After this you select another component to watch or listen too, and HC200 does not fire any of the IR Buds and system stays off. SR-250 indicates source properly selected, HC200 Link LED is still on and it can be pinged on the network. If you pull power from the HC200 and plug it back in it functions normally as described above until turn the Room Off and then it becomes unresponsive again. Any ideas? Thanks.

^ I replaced it a long time ago and the 2nd one went bad too. Finally went and bought my own @ Ratschack but it is probably 2-years old. I suppose this could have gone bad too, because nothing else in system changed besides the HC200 reset and plugging in the IR bud. However, when the supplies went bad before the unit just quit altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know what it could be but seeing is your warranty is gone why not just pick-up one of the many used 300s on the market right now and use that? What is running your project and did you reboot that?

The only reason why I say replace it is because you said it works after a power-cycle then stops again- not normal for anything IMO.

Yes, the HC-300 is running director. It has been rebooted as well. I am planning an upgrade of my system to an HC800, and keeping the current HC300 I have, but I am having to wait a couple of months due to funds or lack there of. :)

Archived