C4 Forums | Control4

HC-300 Zigbee mesh allow join mode not working

Scenario:

HC300 at 2.1.1 running Zigbee Mesh and the Identify window doesnt appear to keeping the mesh in Allow Join mode. I cannot identify devices ( currently trying two SR-250-z-b ). If I go to Network Tools open the Zigbee network, select the device and under the join drop down, select the master controller, THEN hit the 4 button four times it will join. From what I recall the Identify window is supposed to enable allow join mode automaticaly..

Anyone see this before? Reboot didnt resolve, Disable Controller, re-enable and power cycle didnt resolve it.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the problem after some playing around. The HC-300 Zigbee server is supposed to go into "Allow Join" mode from either the Identify window or the Networking Tools UI where you review your Zigbee devices. For some reason my identify window isnt working. If I select the new device and then select the Join Using drop down and pick the controller I can identify and join no problem. Go to the Identify window and nothing will work. Strange indeed. This is the first device joined to this controler since going to 2.1.1. Previously no problems.

Archived