C4 Forums | Control4

Contact switch

poscash3757

Help!

I have a contact wired into my media player. I accidentally pulled out the wire. I put it back with one wire to neg and the other to sig. However it is not working. What is the proper order of the wires. It is only two wires and I do not think 12v is required here. Or is it?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

There's really know way to know this without knowing what specific device it is, what the terminals are labelled on the unit, and what it's used for.

Also, when you say it got pulled out, was it pulled out of both the Control4 controller, *and* the device, or just the device, or just the controller?

RyanE

Thank you for the replies. I apologize for my lack of info.

The device is a wired contact that I have on a door. This contact is programmed in C4 to trigger a wakeup and send me a text when it opens.

It is a two wired contact that runs into the back of my media player. The wire was pulled out of the back of the media player while I was dusting the area. It must have just been just hanging in the terminals. It seems whichever combination I use I cannot get it to work. 12v groand adn sig

Thank again

Matt

Archived