C4 Forums | Control4

C4 intercom linked with distributed audio

Hello there,

I've been doing some research and I am very interested in C4. The dealers I've talked to have not been able to give me a straight answer and I was hoping someone here could.

I understand that C4 recently added the intercom functionality to their new touch screens but from what I see, it uses a tiny speaker built in. I am also planning to have 16-zone distributed audio with C4's amps & matrix etc. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to link the audio coming via the intercom protocol to the speakers in the ceiling from the distributed audio? This would really be great because I would not have the worry of trying to integrate a different company's intercom system with C4. I am surprised that it was so difficult to find info on this. I feel like it would be natural for most customers to want to have the overhead speakers be used for both music and intercom...

Perhaps someone here could who have these new touch screens and use intercom throughout their house could give me their honest opinion on how well it works? Is it worth it or should I go with someone like Russound?

Any input will help! Thanks in advance :)

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. I guess I might go ahead with it. I really hope Control4 allows its users to link the audio from the intercom to its respective audio zone. Do you think its likely? Is it even theoretically possible? I assume all the data (including the intercom) goes through the brain (HC-1000/800)...?

Archived