C4 Forums | Control4

LumenCache

FTA, "up to 16 control channels, each of which can support groups of lights, sensors, switches and keypads "

and from their website, "Each [smart Switch Puck] can control up to 48 LEDPucks."

So putting the two together it looks like you can have 16 groups of 48? And I don't fully get some of the other stuff, but it looks like you have have that x 6, so 96 groups?

Seems like it will scale up big enough.

I'm not so convinced about their claim of 5-10% of the cost of other LED lighting because it seems like they are offsetting the cost by moving the LED driver from the lamp to a central location. Maybe the savings is in the wiring cost or something. Either way I like the idea of it being all centralized. This also means I can regroup the lights by just visiting the LV cabinet.

Hello. Sorry to keep you all guessing on the product details. There's so much to tell and so many product components that we're setting up training sessions at CEDIA, roadshows, etc. I just posted the System Overview Diagram on the main page of the www.lumencache.com site. More details will be released by the end of the week and some intro/training videos the week after. We're looking for driver developers for all the major control systems to make the interfaces. LumenCache was designed with 3rd party control as a primary design consideration so we think you'll love the protocol capabilities. RS232, IP, and Cloud API interfaces. Look at the MiniBrain modules for that feature.

Lots of pricing questions on this thread and we've been struggling with nailing down the pricing structure because the product is a mix of lighting controls (typically high margin) and lighting (typically low margin). Plus it's capable of DIY/Self-install so that almost makes it a retail product. 8 days left on the limited preorder specials and they are at a huge discount from dealer pricing but there's nothing to stop you from purchasing several of them. We'll modify the components to match your needs when it's your turn to ship so feel free to request a different combination if it meets a project you've sold it into.

I'm dedicated to managing the dealer/distributor network in a very hands-on manner. We just want to be sure everyone installing the product is very successful and is representing LumenCache in a favorable light (kind of let a pun slip out there). No minimum buy-in, no minimum quarterly quotas. Attend and pass training, sell more, avoid lots of complaint and/or question calls to L2 support, make more moolah. Simple.

Thanks so much for your interest in the product. Would you rather we try to keep up on these forums or would you prefer a LumenCache Dealer forum at our site? It's a little easier for us to reply to the LumenCache forum. I just stumbled across this one but it looks very well attended.

This forum is quite well attended, but not much by Control4 employees and/or dealers.

There's only a handful of us on here of that variety.

This is the 'user' forum, but since your product can be DIY/Self installed, I think this is an appropriate place for the info.

Control4 has a 'Dealer Forum', but it's *only* for Control4 dealers.

RyanE

Archived