C4 Forums | Control4

Lost GUI

On one of my TVs, I have lost the GUI. The rest of the TVs and system are fine. When I first turned this TV on I got the white "C4 loading, please wait screen". I waited and waited and nothing happened. I am able to use the remote to get everything to work. I tried unplugging and plugging the controller back in, but still no luck. I don't have the white C4 screen any longer-I have a blank screem when I press the "4". The remote does still work. Its and HC500 running 1.7.2. My system has basically been flawless for 3+ years and this is my first real hiccup.

Any thoughts on getting the GUI back?

Thanks!

It sounds like your project may have lost the on-screen binding, which is rare.

Unfortunately, if that's the case, a dealer (or someone else with ComposerPro) would need to connect up, and re-establish that binding.

I'd also be concerned that you may have lost something else, so a restore from a backup would probably be the best option.

RyanE

^Doubtful. After a reboot, the OSD will show Project Loading, UI, etc. and that is a matter of a minute and a handful, not hours. I'm with Ryan, there most likely was something momentarily defunct within your project.

Well, the OSD is back. it wasn't a matter of hours. I just didn't get right back to post. When I plugged it back in, I waited for everything to appear to be up and running, the remote to re-initialize and then no OSD. So, I then went upstairs and wrote the original post., I went back downstairs about 15 minutes later and found the OSD was back. It has continued to work since. I might also add that there was a brief power outage the night before this happened so I ma not sure how that may have played into the situation.

On one of my TVs, I have lost the GUI. The rest of the TVs and system are fine.

OK. I just took it to mean that one controller was responsible for OSD to several displays. You had display of OSD on all but one? When you put it this way, what are we to think?

On one of my TVs' date=' I have lost the GUI. The rest of the TVs and system are fine.[/quote']

OK. I just took it to mean that one controller was responsible for OSD to several displays. You had display of OSD on all but one? When you put it this way, what are we to think?

Sorry. I see your point. I have a separate controller per TV so I did not even think that my question could be interpreted as one controller being responsible for OSD to several displays.

Archived