C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with Iphone app

Hey guys

I am having a problem, my system crashed and I had to reload my project, the backup was only a couple of days old so I thought everything was good, yesterday I tried to use my Iphone app to play some music and I get the msg that it needs to be identified but when I go to the ID screen it is identified and the number is correct, then it says the iphone isnt authorized, I have a valid license, did it get lost when the system crashed?

I'm on 1.74 and any suggestions you can give me I'd be glad to try

thanks in advance

Mike

ok so I rechecked and the msg I'm getting says no valid license found, I know I had one as it has worked for the past year, is there somewhere I can redownload my license to the controller?

also just thinking about it, to use the Iphone App does the controller in use have to be the one registered?

I have two controllers, one is used as a spare but during the problems I may have swapped them and now the spare unregistered HC300 may actually be the one in use

Licenses are tied to your my.control4.com account, so yes, if the controller is unregistered, a lot of things will stop working properly.

RyanE

ok then when we get power back at home I will register the current controller and see if that fixes the issue

Thanks Ryan and ChesterWilson

Archived