C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 and Lutron TouchPRO Wireless Thermostat

c4007

Hello,

I am looking to replace our existing thermostat controlling our furnace (Trane XV80, Variable Speed, High-Efficiency, Two Stage), and AC unit. I am interested in getting the Lutron TouchPRO Wireless Thermostat, and was wondering if that unit integrates well with Control4. I asked my Dealer, but they weren’t quite sure if the Lutron TouchPRO will integrate or not. All I am interested in is being able to turn the heat/cooling on/off, see the temperature, and increase/decrease temp from within Control4. I am OK configuring the multi-day schedule directly via the Lutron software.

Does anyone have any experience and/or knowledge on this front? Does anyone have this unit working well with their Control4 system?

While I do prefer the Lutron TouchPRO Wireless Thermostat, as an alternative I understand that the Aprilaire Model 8800 Thermostat is often recommended. Does anyone have that unit integrated into Control4 and working well?

Thanks in advance for your help

I already have RadioRA2 dimmers in the house, and they are integrated into my Control4 system (I have a Lutron Main Repeater). The RadioRA2 integration works great so far. My question is really whether the RadioRA2 drivers also will seamlessly integrate the Lutron TouchPRO Wireless Thermostat -- that is, it will show-up properly into Control4 as a Thermostat I can control.

Has anyone tried this thermostat and/or knows for sure whether it works well with Control4 using the existing drivers?

thanks for your responses.

The folks at Houselogix were very helpful. Here is a summary of the response I got: "Our Lutron HVAC controller driver should work with the TouchPRO Honeywell/Lutron unit. The only functionality that hasn't been implemented is support for setting the schedule from Control4 but that's because of a limitation on the Lutron side.” ... “Please note all the standard Control4 thermostat variables should be populated and usable too for programming." They also sent me a PDF with all the C4 commands their driver supports. Looks like it should work great. I'm going to go ahead and try this integration.

^Cool! So, I guess you just set the schedule a few times a year right at the wall unit? If that's the worst, that's not bad. Just being able to exploit the variable speed might be reason enough to not go Control4 stat, I would imagine.

007- I am a dummy when it comes to Lutron (my electrician wanted me to go that route and hacked-up my LV wiring when I went Control4) so kinda shy-away from that idea of mixing brands. Do you find that RadioRA gives you the control over scenes, scheduled dimming and multi-purpose LED notification on every control?

I know this is a stat thread but just trying to understand the thought process behind not going with C4 on both comfort and lighting.

• 1 month later...
The folks at Houselogix were very helpful. Here is a summary of the response I got: "Our Lutron HVAC controller driver should work with the TouchPRO Honeywell/Lutron unit. The only functionality that hasn't been implemented is support for setting the schedule from Control4 but that's because of a limitation on the Lutron side.” ... “Please note all the standard Control4 thermostat variables should be populated and usable too for programming." They also sent me a PDF with all the C4 commands their driver supports. Looks like it should work great. I'm going to go ahead and try this integration.

Hey c4007 how did the integration go?

I am ready to install my TouchPRO and would be comforted by a success story. Please post your results.

Thanks in advance.

Archived