C4 Forums | Control4

Tuner Tun-1B, HC-300 and HC-200

Maybe it's my limited understanding of a C4 tuner (TUN-1B) and HC-300 to HC-200 operation.

My TUN-1B is in my living room and wired to my network and identified with uuid (IP).

The L&R audio outputs of Tuner 1 are plugged into HC-300 audio in.

My Kitchen has a HC-200 and it's L&R audio outputs are Component 1 on the TV (same as on-screen C4 interface).

When I call up "Radio, Tuner" from the interface it's doesn't display the tuner screen (channel number, seek, tune etc.). When I call it up from my master bedroom with a 3.8 v2 touch screen as audio end point and displays correctly. I've experimented with HC-200 audio out as Audio End Point 1, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. (See attachment for highlighted line being modified).

1. Can a tuner operate with just a couple HC's as audio end points?

2. What should my connection look like for HC-200 audio output to Component 1 on TV as audio end point?

3. Since a HC-300 only has 1 L&R audio input, how do I take advantage of tuner 2? To another HC?

Thanks.

Found part of my answer in this thread http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=3274.

So, no on screen TV interface for Radio like on other (touch screen) navigators. Did this change in 2.x ?

I'm also thinking no audio distribution for tuner(s). Since the tuner is analog source it would be nice if C4 distributed it across my network it to other HC's (with a delay if necessary).

Uhmm, NO

But it is true you do not have basic understanding of Control4.

Since you are working on 1.82 I will assume you are not a dealer, but in the spirit of Happy Happy Joy Joy,

I will tell you that you should not consider a HC controller as a endpoint, after all they do not have amplification.

If you cannot go to BASIC training, I suggest you read ALL of the help file.

End Points have powered speakers, not level line out.

Brent

It's the expectation here that C4 should do more than what if offers. For this example, a network device should be able to stream it's content to controllers to decode.

Being a dealer still won't make this hardware operate as it should, not even if you complete BASIC training and learn 'level line outs' are 'low level outputs.'

Thanks for the tip on HC's not being end points.

Archived