C4 Forums | Control4

When playing Sonos app tv screen goes blank.

I think that I have an issue but i'm not sure. When playing Sonos with extra vegtables app on my Samsung tv set. The menu goes blank and says no signal. Only when i'm playing music and using the back arrow button.

If I do not play music and i'm just navigating the menu screen. The back arrow works perfect and screen stays on.

Is it because, the music is playing and the C4 system thinks that I do not need the menu screen on ?

If so, is there a programming work around to keep the tv screen on the Sonos menu and disconnect to no signal.

Like I said it only happen when you play music.

I've run into the same issue with a customer. Onkyo receiver, panasonic TV, HC 800 with a sonos connect. TV goes blue once you select something from Sonos..... the onkyo puts out a blue screen for no signal. I found a few situations when the TV stays on for music sources when it doesnt need to be as well.

Well I think that your Yamaha is switching to the CD input, (and that includes the video output of the receiver, which is none) and this is causing your blackouts.

IF you had a video connection under your CD input it would probably work.

Just spitballing here

Brent

Archived