C4 Forums | Control4

CoverArt Help

I have had 2 months of relative peace with my install. Recently I have lost the ability to see coverart (dvd or mp3) and XM station information. What is strange is that is does show up over the video output of the media controller. I have tried to power off all the components and reboot with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? My fear is that I have a bad media controller. I have my installer checking into as well, they have been very supportive.

Typically, when this sort of thing happens, it's a network issue, for example, are your devices set to static addresses? Is the 'gateway' and 'netmask' set properly for all devices.

What sometimes will happen is the end device (10.5" or Mini-Touch) can't mount the media directory on the controller, and when this happens, even if it can communicate, it can't get coverart and station images.

RyanE

I have had 2 months of relative peace with my install. Recently I have lost the ability to see coverart (dvd or mp3) and XM station information. What is strange is that is does show up over the video output of the media controller. I have tried to power off all the components and reboot with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? My fear is that I have a bad media controller. I have my installer checking into as well, they have been very supportive.

With 1.3.1 if the DNS server was set correctly on components other then the main media controler I lost all the cover art on other components. With 1.3.2 the problem was reversed and the installer had to go back and fix all the dns server entries to point to valid DNS servers for me to see my cover art.

How do I see the gateway or netmask with HE of composer, or is that not possible?

On my HTC and 10" touchscreen I can see and change the netmask, gateway and DNS from Control4 GUI under info/network

I do not know how to get at the information from HE.

My woes continue with the lack of coverart on the MTC and 10inch touchscreen. I did notice today that the navigator version is 1.3.2.234; the director version in 1.3.2.234; but the media version in 1.3.2.232. Is the fact that they are not all the same version creating a conflict?

Finally got it fixed. Control4 logged in and did a firmware update to al the MTCs and touchscreen. The final decison was there is a problem with internet providers blocking the search by the individual components for the media folder. It is a known network issue.

Archived