C4 Forums | Control4

I am looking for a specific type of DVD player`

Hi All,

I just thought I would ask to see if any one can point me in the right direction. I have a client who wants a DVD player but it MUST have the following features.

1) DVD/Blu-ray

2) IP Controllable (NOT RS-232 or IR & IP Codes Must Be Available)

3) Must be able to play VCD's

It MUST have all the above. It's item #3 thats giving me a problem. We usually do not deal with DVD players. We spec Kaleidescape as we are a Kscape dealer, BUT Kscape does not play VCD's.

Note - Ripping VCD's and building a streaming library is not an option.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into the Panasonic but at a quick glance it does not look as if it's controllable over IP. If it is I can not find documentation on it in the link you provided. I will dig deeper though and see if there is documentation.

Thanks.

Probably need region free if you are doing VCD.

Thats a good point which I forgot to mention. It would be nice if it was region free. This is for a client's vacation house that is overseas. They are from India but live in the US and have a house in India and one in London. They have a lot of movies from India that are on VCD's. Being able to play DVD's/Blu-rays from the US, Asia or Europe would be nice. I am not going push the region free issue but that would be a nice surprise for them.

Thanks for all the replies so far on this board and the ones emailed to me personally . . GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks Again.

PS - I have the IP Commands from Pioneer so this may be the one.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into the Panasonic but at a quick glance it does not look as if it's controllable over IP. If it is I can not find documentation on it in the link you provided. I will dig deeper though and see if there is documentation.

Thanks.

it is IP controllable and EV has made a IP driver available for C4, so I would imagine you could do the same for crestron.

also in regards to the region free aspect of the player, this can sometimes be done by accessing the service menu.

Probably need region free if you are doing VCD.

Thats a good point which I forgot to mention. It would be nice if it was region free. This is for a client's vacation house that is overseas. They are from India but live in the US and have a house in India and one in London. They have a lot of movies from India that are on VCD's. Being able to play DVD's/Blu-rays from the US' date=' Asia or Europe would be nice. I am not going push the region free issue but that would be a nice surprise for them.

Thanks for all the replies so far on this board and the ones emailed to me personally . . GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks Again.

PS - I have the IP Commands from Pioneer so this may be the one.[/quote']

What happened to the response from "Nitro"? I quoted part of his response to my question as you can see above and I go back to his post to get the link again and his post is gone? What the deal?

Archived