C4 Forums | Control4

Sync issue with audio

Hi guys

I have had a Control 4 system for about a year now...unfortunately my dealer is still ironing out a few issues (long story, not all his fault!).

I have my PC linked up to the Control 4 system (I'm using a HC-300) using a 3.5mm audio jack. This is so that I can listen to Spotify through the system. It's not very sophisticated but works.....the PC plays Spotify, it outputs through the 3.5mm cable into the Control 4 system and plays in the relevant audio zones when selected.

The problem is this - every so often during playback, the music will speed up for a few seconds....like someone has pushed the "fast forward" button on a tape deck or pushed a vinyl record along; the pitch of the music increases momentarily. Then it goes back to normal. This is fairly intermittent - it might happen every 10 - 15 minutes.

My dealer has said that this is due to a sync issue. Control 4 monitors different audio zones and when one is going out of sync with the others it will try to speed the music up in some zones to restore the sync. He has changed the programming a bit which has helped but the problem persists. Unfortunately, in changing the programming the sync is actually now way out - if you stand between the living room and the bedroom, for example, you can clearly hear that one room is slightly behind the other.

He seems to think the only way around this problem is not to run the PC output through Control 4, i.e. for it just to go directly to the zone amplifier. My understanding is that the only draw back is that I will have to play the same audio in all zones. This doesnt bother me too much as I live in a one bedroom apartment, but I'm a bit surprised that Control 4 can't deal with this.

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on this? Your views would very much be appreciated.

Many thanks

mas0282

Is your amplifier the Control4 amplifier?

Do you have a Control4 Audio Matrix Switch?

If you can run the audio to the matrix switch or Control4 amplifier, you should still be able to listen to different things in different rooms, assuming it's setup properly (and I'm understanding your setup correctly).

RyanE

Thanks Ryan.

No, I dont have a control 4 amplifier, I have a six zone amp from a different manufacturer. I will have to look up the details when I get back. I dont have an audio matrix AFAIK.

It's no biggie, I'm just curious if anyone knows what might be causing the speeding up of the music intermittently. It doesnt happen when I am watching a TV, DVD, etc......

This happens to me once in a while but only when I start a new session. I have always assumed it was a network issue, but not sure on that

i get this once in a while as well when listening to internet radio from the controller. Sounds like a 33rpm record put on 45rpm for a moment. I thought it had something to do with buffering the digital audio stream.

Archived