C4 Forums | Control4

HC800 trigger out?

What are you attempting to accomplish? Are you using the AMP for a Audio in a Media Room or are you attempting to use this Amp for Audio Distribution?

That trigger out on the Amp should connect to an AVR. Then the AVR would deliver the signal to tell the Amp to activate/deactivate Standby on the Amp.

I'm only using 5 of the seven channels. I'd like to use the other two, powered by a HC's audio out, to drive speakers somewhere else. My preamp can trigger out on either main zone or zone 2, but not both. So i need Control4 to trigger it on whenever either of those rooms are playing audio.

What do you reckon?

I'm only using 5 of the seven channels. I'd like to use the other two, powered by a HC's audio out, to drive speakers somewhere else. My preamp can trigger out on either main zone or zone 2, but not both. So i need Control4 to trigger it on whenever either of those rooms are playing audio.

What do you reckon?

So if i understand correctly you want the contact out of the hc800 to trigger the turn on whenever the preamp is playing on the other channels. or you want it to turn on the amplifier without the main zone or current 5 channels playing?

As far as the streaming audio out of the controller. you will have to build a generic amp dirver to give the hc800 and binding to send audio to then just assign the end points in your newly added rooms for control

Yep that's right - I just don't know how the HC800 needs to be physically wired to the power amp.

Is it just a matter of running wires from the COM & NO connections to the trigger input on the amp?

Get yourself a 12 VDC power supply and hook it up like this

-12V to AMP plug sleve (shield)

+12V to HC800 COM

HC800 NO to AMP plug center pin (tip)

When the HC800 closes the contact the amp will get triggered

Archived