C4 Forums | Control4

LED Control help

Hey Guys,

So I am having some trouble with LED control on a dimmer.

I have a dimmer in my bedroom, and I have it setup to set the LED colors to black at 9pm on a schedule, but when it comes time to setting the current on color back to blue in the AM, I can't get the logic right.

Any thoughts?

I have tried using scenes to help me with this, but I am just having trouble with the logic.

I use a schedule event that at 7 AM turns back on my fans variable so that they will go off during the day unless someone is in the room and also turns back on the lights on switches in the bedroom (my wife is very light sensitive)

Bill

Do you do it right on the schedule?

Yes - what you see is executed on the schedule at 7 AM every morning.

When there is motion in the room the lights on the switches come back on for about 10 seconds to that you can see where they are and about 9:30 at night I go into this stealth mode.

Bill

This is what I am doing..doesn't seem to work for me...

If you want the top blue and bottom black when on and vice versa when off then you need to fix the last 2 lines. The bottom needs to be black when on and blue when off.

Thank you! I had SUCH a mental block on this :)

Somewhat off topic but...

Does setting the LEDs to black decrease the power consumed by the switches?

IIRC, the newer dimmers and switches take about 350mW of power while the older LDZ-102 / LSZ-10x era of switches draw about 2W.

I'm curious if changing the LED color, or turning them off completely, will bring the power consumption of the older dimmers/switches down significantly. The power drawn by all the dimmers/switches in a project can really add up.

Thanks.

Turning the LEDs off would reduce the power consumption, but not by any significant amount, most of the power consumption is going to zigbee radio, and maybe the on board processor etc.

IMHO setting your lights ( the controlled lights not the leds in the dimmer) to 80-90% as a maximum on level will give you the most power saving benefits

Archived