C4 Forums | Control4

Is there a limit on the number of videos can be stored and played

I have a net gear 9150 I have about 300 videos and 70000 songs on my nas lately the videos will play on my laptop fine, but when played through the c4 video tab the voices do not match the lips and it very shakes not smooth motion. I am guessing there 'use be some sort of limit on how many videos can be in c4 I am running 1.74 thanks

Nope, no limits. Well there is one technically but the limit is so high you'll never hit it. 2000+ vids, 150000+ songs w/o a glitch. While C4 hasn't released the actual ceiling, even to dealers, I've asked this question direct to the engineers and was told my numbers aren't even close.

It is possible to have a database to be so large that it's hard for a controller to load all the info, but this doesn't affect actually playing the file.

I'd check your networking - it's the most likely culprit. Maybe the the switch feeding the the player is at the end of it's life. Or it could be the player itself.

I have a net gear 9150 I have about 300 videos and 70000 songs on my nas lately the videos will play on my laptop fine, but when played through the c4 video tab the voices do not match the lips and it very shakes not smooth motion. I am guessing there 'use be some sort of limit on how many videos can be in c4 I am running 1.74 thanks

Or it could be the movie file itself. Run it through the VID2EVA the video might need to be resync with the audio.

Archived