C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Audio Matrix

I've got one channel that is continuously turning its gain to -inf. I've got no programming on the switch and all other channels work fine. I've tried unplugging the switch, I've tried turning up the volume directly at the switch and through CHE, but the. Plume goes down nearly as fast as I turn it up

Ok, playing around more and I was able to get the volume up using the virtual 3-way switch in CHE that is associated with the one in my dining room. When I play with physical switch in the dining room the volume down works but press it more then a a few times at it goes back into a never ending volume down state.

Its a brand new keypad, is it common for buttons to stick? It doesn't physically appear to be sticking but thats the behavior its exhibiting.

Sounds like you are on 1.7.4 or the programming is a bit screwy on the 3 button. Common programming says "start volume up/down when pressed" & "stop volume up/down when released" this programming has bitten me several times especially especially in 1.6 - 1.7.4.

If you have that programming sometime the release doesn't get heard. The better programming IMO is a little hidden. The end result is "When dining room -> button x is pressed >>> Dining Room ->Current_Volume = Dining Room ->Current_Volume + 3" You will find this under room variables for each room.

What this does is increase/decrease the volume 3% or 3 steps on each press. What this will prevent is the audio ramping to 100% or ramping down to 0%. The problem in the earlier OS is that the release doesn't get heard and continues to ramp waiting for the release event. After 1 client complaining his system ramped to 100%, i stopped programming this way completely. The downfall is you cannot press and hold until you reach the volume you desire. For a dealer this is the safer less trouble call way to go.

Funny, I've NEVER had that issue using buttons that way - not from 1.2.x on.

Nor have I ever had to do a service call for it.

The ONLY time I've noticed this is in weak zigbee situations or actually busted/bent keypad plates. Check the aluminum plate behind the 3-button, see if it isn't bent, or remove the programming temporary and try to "feel" if the button in question isnt sticking. Should be a smooth motion...

Archived