C4 Forums | Control4

Troubles with EV mediacenter driver 5.05

Hi all,

Months ago I added the EV Media center driver to an installation to enable the customer to use an iPad for his kids to select movies. The idea was that the movie folder only contained kids movies and the C4 UI (with EV) would let them navigate the movies and with one button turn on the TV and play the movie. Well, it mostly works. The trouble is that no matter what the default media center screen is, once the movie is selected the movie plays "behind" the Media center UI image. If I select "cancel" enough times I can get it to toggle to the front, but one more "cancel" and its back in the background.

EV support told me they had heard of this before but couldn’t offer a solution other than toggling the cancel button. Has anyone else successfully used EV to launch movies in WMC, or seen this scenario before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Months ago I added the EV Media center driver to an installation to enable the customer to use an iPad for his kids to select movies. The idea was that the movie folder only contained kids movies and the C4 UI (with EV) would let them navigate the movies and with one button turn on the TV and play the movie. Well, it mostly works. The trouble is that no matter what the default media center screen is, once the movie is selected the movie plays "behind" the Media center UI image. If I select "cancel" enough times I can get it to toggle to the front, but one more "cancel" and its back in the background.

EV support told me they had heard of this before but couldn’t offer a solution other than toggling the cancel button. Has anyone else successfully used EV to launch movies in WMC, or seen this scenario before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

What kind of media (Bluray ISO, MKV...)?

What kind of Media Player (WMC Native Player, Total Media Theatre, MediaCenter Classic.)?

OS (Windows 7 / Windows 8 Pro w/Media Center feature)

Do you have any custom eshell.exe options?

Avery

Archived