C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Tuner - What attenna to use?

Gene

I have the C4 tuner in my rack but given its in the basement I get little reception for AM or FM radio. I do have wires (RG6 AND CAT6) to the attic but need to know what antenna to use for FM and AM? I'm hesitant to use an amplified model given its in my attic but any solutions/recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have the C4 tuner in my rack but given its in the basement I get little reception for AM or FM radio. I do have wires (RG6 AND CAT6) to the attic but need to know what antenna to use for FM and AM? I'm hesitant to use an amplified model given its in my attic but any solutions/recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You could use a winegard Fm radio antennae. http://www.winegard.com/offair/radio.php These are mounted outside on the pole. Typically, FM indoor antennae will work. I have an HDTV antennae that has a rotor, but I still use it. Winegard has a list of dealers, but they are the best option in my opinion.

I have tried to buy the basic fm antenna but only get a few channels without noise and am is very weak with just a basic loop antenna connected using cat6. The fm antenna is connected via RG6.

Yes, you need it outside. That is the best option. I would contact a winegard dealer and they give you the best options. If you can't do the install, then they suggest a dealer for you. The main reason that I went to an antennae on the outside was for the local channels. Satellite company at that time didn't offer local channels. I went from zero channels to 45 channels. I pickup stations now that are about 50 miles away. The Rotor is Channel Master. I think you can put FM antennae below HDTV antennae. Although, Winegard would be best to advise you on this.

Here is a website that talks about HDTV Antennas and what not to do. http://www.tvtower.com/hdtv_antenna_and_reception.html FM is just another frequency. 88 to 108 mHz.

Archived