C4 Forums | Control4

Can Not Activate Zigbee Server

Hi, Last Night I was changing my IP addresses for may main controller and my zigbee server (HC1000 and HC300) from DHCP to Fix. when I changed the address on the HC300 I realize (on composer network tools) that everything changed from 192.168.1.9 to 192.168.1.101 (DHCP range from 02 to 100) except the zigbee server, that staid with the 192.168.1.9 address. The problem was that the zigbee server was offline. I reboot the system, Change the IP address again and nothing. I removed the zigbee mesh and then tried to create the mesh again, but instead of displaying on composer (zigbee mesh NOT RUNNING, OR RUNNING it displayed UNKNOWN). I tried to change the server to another controller, but no mater which other controller I activate as Zigbee server It does not seem to be working. I currently can not activate the zigbee mesh, and a result of that I can re identify all my zigbee devices. It appears in composer as Zigbee Mesh NOT RUNING. I have programed more then 15 different systems and I never had this problem before.

Any advice?

What version are you running? I'm on 2.2.4 and my system used to be running the mesh on a 300 with an 800 as navigator. I came home from a vacation a few weeks ago and my entire mesh was offline. I found out there's a bug somewhere in the Zigbee that in rare instances can kick everything offline (it's a memory violation issue). So I had to decommision the mesh and create a new one with the 800, re-identify all of my devices, and now everything is running better than before. I just took the 300 completely out of the project.

Sounds like you might have to do the same thing and remove your 300 as the Zserver. If you do, make sure you follow the guidelines and Remove the Zserver, not just migrate to the 1000. Good luck!

Archived