C4 Forums | Control4

HR34 Static IP address

yagrbomb

I am in the process of having DirecTV installed with the HR34 and a bunch of clients. We had everything working and changed the IP address from DHCP to static to utilize the IP driver. Once we did that, the the clients could no longer connect to the server. We changed from 192.168.70.156/24 to 192.168.70.10/24 so everything was in the same subnet. Installer had to replace the HR34 and reinstall all of the clients to get it back. This was without the DECA connected to the network. He is hesitant connecting it back to the network because he thinks that the network is causing the issues.

Any thoughts on this from guys who installed HR34 and connect it via IP to C4?

Thanks,

Andy

Does anyone have the C31/HR34 working with Control4? Also, are there any issues? I can get everything working but testing failure scenarios such as power to a C31, causes the C31 to not come back until you reboot both the DECA and the HR34. If you pull out a RG6 out of one C31, it fails all clients neededing a full reboot to fix. So far, even without C4, this system is very sub-par at this point.

Does anyone have the C31/HR34 working with Control4? Also, are there any issues? I can get everything working but testing failure scenarios such as power to a C31, causes the C31 to not come back until you reboot both the DECA and the HR34. If you pull out a RG6 out of one C31, it fails all clients neededing a full reboot to fix. So far, even without C4, this system is very sub-par at this point.

yes I have several in the field being controlled by IP drivers.

Archived