C4 Forums | Control4

Dealing with Power Outage through Programming

In our area we get power outages of various durations. When the power comes back on all home entertainment components return to previous state except the Denon A/V receiver, which stays off. Programming can be restored by using the remote to turn on the Denon receiver, but that is kind of a pain since the receiver is in a different room from the room in which I normally watch TV and DVDs. Is it possible to program the Control 4 system can be programmed to power up the receiver, either as part of the "watch" command or with one of the programmed function buttons on the remote? I would appreciate any advice on whether this can be done and whether or not it is a good idea. My dealer is reluctant to undertake it.

I know I could solve a number of these problems with a UPS on the receiver, which I will do when I can scrape up the cash, but for now this seems like a good workaround. I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Ken Trayham

I have a number of things that need to be "reset" on system initialization. I put a bunch of programming in the "when project loads" event, and that takes care of it. If you have discrete power on the denon, I'd recommend force-setting it to the state you want it to on power up via programming.

Ken.

It's worth getting a UPS anyway. For the Control4 and network gear. It's going to save you angst in the long run, on that side of things alone. But if you are going to add the Denon as well , sizing it properly to cover its power usage would be important.. And the bigger they get, the more they add fans and noisy stuff which will be a PITA if you have this right in the prime watching area...

Cheers.

In our area we get power outages of various durations. When the power comes back on all home entertainment components return to previous state except the Denon A/V receiver, which stays off. Programming can be restored by using the remote to turn on the Denon receiver, but that is kind of a pain since the receiver is in a different room from the room in which I normally watch TV and DVDs. Is it possible to program the Control 4 system can be programmed to power up the receiver, either as part of the "watch" command or with one of the programmed function buttons on the remote? I would appreciate any advice on whether this can be done and whether or not it is a good idea. My dealer is reluctant to undertake it.

I know I could solve a number of these problems with a UPS on the receiver, which I will do when I can scrape up the cash, but for now this seems like a good workaround. I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Ken Trayham

If you are using a SR, goto-

LIST>INFO>HELP>AV DEVICE CONTROL Now this will work if the Denon is placed in your Watch list. A better approach (and this is what I do with another device) is to program the * for ON and the # key for OFF.

Archived