C4 Forums | Control4

Reassigning buttons on the SR250: PageUp/PageDown

Hi guys,

I'm facing a strange problem. For simplification lets consider that i have a TV and a third part IR device that only uses on/off IR codes.

When my source is the TV (Antenna) i want the 'page up' and 'page down' buttons on the SR250 to send 'on' and 'off' commands to the device. I've already done this by using 'page up' and 'page down' as programmable buttons.

However, when I press the 'page up' button, along with the 'on' IR command, the TV is sent an extra 'channel up' command. In short with the 'page up/down' button presses, channels go up/down as well. I cant seem to find how the 'channel up/down' commands are being sent. there are no macros/commands in the driver anywhere. how do i make 'page up/down' NOT change channels?

ideas are welcome! thanks!

Seems like the actual 'Channel up/down' IR commands were being mapped with 'Page Up/Down' for some reason. Not sure why.

As a workaround, I did the following:

1. Edited the driver, and erased IR commands for 'Channel Up/Down'

2. Made new 'Channel Up/Down' codes. i.e. 'Channel Up 2' and 'Channel Down 2'

3. Under Programming, when 'Channel Up' is pressed, call 'Channel Up 2' and when 'Channel Down' is pressed, call 'Channel Down 2'

There has to be a cleaner way, but this gets the job done for me, for now - and without too much of a lag.

I dont see anything else this might screw up in the process..

I'll need 'Channel Up/Down' buttons for the TV itself. The 'Page Up/Down' buttons are to be used for 'on/off' of the device.

I could do what you said, but the 'Page Up/Down' commands don't even show up in the IR codes section when I edit the driver...

Sorry page up/down then. If not there just add them, they are part of the default (and pre-mapped) code list. Assuming you are using xml to edit these, open a standard cable box driver to find the exact wording (composer driver wizard has them in a drop down list).

Archived