C4 Forums | Control4

Post messages on touch screen

davidq

I'd like to be able to set a message that would show on the touch screen as soon as the alarm is next disabled. In this way I could leave messages for my spouse that I know she would see when she got home. (She's irregular about checking her phone for messages.) And the message, with possibly sensitive information, wouldn't be lying about where some unintended party might be able to see it. No mess, no fuss.

Has anyone done something like this?

You could do it. It would using Alan Chow's email driver, and using variables. Have the driver set a string variable to be the subject or body of a received email message. Then have it include that variable in a pop-up that occurs when the alarm is disabled.

I like this idea...

You could do it. It would using Alan Chow's email driver, and using variables. Have the driver set a string variable to be the subject or body of a received email message. Then have it include that variable in a pop-up that occurs when the alarm is disabled.

I like this idea...

Yup this would work with the email announcement portion of my driver. If you are using a ELK M1 our m1 driver also displays messages on the M1 keypad if that is your primary method of disarm

Archived