C4 Forums | Control4

Outdoor Landscape Lighting

therodog

I've seen several threads about this before, but I just wanted to confirm with people now. I'm getting landscape lighting done, and the landscaper said he's installing the lights into a transformer. I'd like to be able to control the lights from Control4 (though I guess if they just came on with times it wouldn't be the end of the world).

The best method to control this via Control4 is what? What I've read so far makes me think that plugging the transformer into a Control4 Wireless Outlet Switch should do it. It looks like the Control4 Wireless Outlet Switch it rated to 600W per outlet, so it should be OK.

I think this is going to be a little bit of a pain because the transformer is just going to plug into an outlet outside, which isn't really conducive to adding a Control4 Outlet Switch (exposed to the elements, not sure if it'll even fit into those outside covered plugs).

What does everyone think?

I would put a switch inside the house on the 120v line running to the outdoor enclosure.

This is what I did for some of my outside lights.

HOWEVER - I have several large spots that are 1000 watts each and I had to put those on special boxes in the attic that are controlled by a switch. These handle very large loads.

Bill

Archived