C4 Forums | Control4

Can't change volume for HC300 audio out jacks.

Greetings! I have a project (running 1.7.4) that has developed a strange muteness. After much tail chasing, I have found that the audio out volumes for the HC300 acting as the Director are set to zero, and I can't change them. However on the other HC300, they change no problem. Any ideas what might cause this?

I've tried deleting and re-adding connections to no avail, and since the slide doesn't do anything, I'm kind of at a loss.

I'd attach a screenshot, but I keep getting something like this:

An error was encountered

Error: Unable to move file from: /tmp/php8VsXmE to /home/cfourfor/c4forums.com/html/files/5d49a897b3c34292424b169bfa73a8ae/a7db229f08c417dbbcddb3279422f515.attach.

Hmm. Are these outputs used as volume endpoints anywhere? If so, they'll revert back to 0% because whatever room they do volume control for will be off - so the system will want to keep them muted.

Also if they ever WERE volume endpoints or sometimes even audio endpoints they may have been set to mute, then this connection was removed getting them "stuck" in that mute state. Rare but relatiely easily fixed: create a virtual room, set as audio endpoint the "dead" connection then play something in this room, set volume to 100%. Then remove the audio and volume endpoint connections.

Sometimes an easy fix is unidentifying, removing the controller driver and re-add and ID (this wont delete the overall programming, you just need to redo any connections and while unlikely that there are any, any programming based on those connections).

Lastly, it IS possible the audio output(s) are blown. The system might assume these outputs at 0% because it's not getting level feedback.

Archived