C4 Forums | Control4

Audio source questions

malelan

Hey guys,

I have a question about adding an audio source.

I want to add a2dp bluetooth to my system. The easiest way to do this would be to buy an a2dp bluetooth receiver and plug it into my audio matrix. i'm just trying to understand if there is something on the market that is preferred for this? the only bluetooth receivers i could find on the market are as follows.

1 - miniture headphone jack ones used for runners etc that clip onto your shirt/pants, i don't think this would be good because it has a rechargable battery and probably pretty poor range.

2 - something similar to the above but is used mainly for cars, that powers off usb.

I know bluetooth is short range but is there anything that has an antenna and plugs into a wall outlet? something thats "always on" would be ideal too, i'm also looking for something that can pair with atleast a few devices, I don't have a ton of devices taking advantage of this, but am looking for something that would pair with atleast 2-3 devices (my phone/wifes phone/tablet).

let me know.

-Jon

i already have the ability to airplay in xbmc, not all of my devices are ios though.

i do appreciate the post regarding the c4 music streamer as i always try to use native products if i can, however its a bit overkill for what i'm looking for, as i already have sonos for pretty much all music needs, i just want the ability to bluetooth as well. i wouldn't use alot of the other features of the media streamer though.

-Jon

Archived