C4 Forums | Control4

Error while communicating with the Web Services. Fault = SSL_ERROR_S

this is from Technical Support Bulletin

Error while communicating with Control4 Web ServicesFault = SSL_ERROR_SSL

Do the Following:

* The time/date is probably incorrectly set on the controller. Make sure the date, time and time zone are set properly. An incorrect date will prevent the controller from authenticating the services.control4.com SSL Certificate.

I'm not 100% if it was this error, but I'm 99% sure it was this one. After messing with system running 1.7.4,router, switch etc found that there is a patch and after installin it, everything worked fine.

another time on 2.+ it was a comcast gateway ( modem/router) setting not letting the controler out.

New comcast and uverse gateways are real pain in the b.. People switch to cheeper, faster or new services without checking with anybody if its a good idea.

Most of the time I have to set DMZ to the director's ip to let director comunicate freely with the outside. If possible I will switch out gateway for new modem and router that was in place or upgrade the router. Most of the time its not possible, since people get phone and internet from the same unit.

I do istalls most of the time, have to do service maybe once or twice a month, but service techs say that 80% of service calls are b/c of comcast and uvers all in one modem/routers.

• 1 month later...

Archived