C4 Forums | Control4

Trigger event on cell phone ring?

turls

I've seen discussion here on landline phone ring detection, but not really much on cell phone ring detection. And I really can't find much using Google search either, Control4 related or not.

I would like to trigger the obvious stuff from a cell phone ring (in my case iOS), like reducing volume, blinking lights, etc.

Even if you can't trigger any option that can be detected by Control4 directly, I would think a Bluetooth device that reacts to a cell phone ring could potentially be a way to bridge the notification. Maybe some type of integration into RecluseAV's POP3 driver (if I understand how that works, which I am not saying I have a good understanding of exactly how the e-mail from that driver triggers actions on C4).

And since there are devices that can link your land line to your cell phone by Bluetooth, in a roundabout way you could also trigger actions from the landline as well if this worked.

I realize latency would be the biggest thing with this many layers. But especially for volume lowering, even if there was a slight delay it would be better than nothing (for example volume lowered a few seconds after you answer the call).

Could be done easily with a Bluetooth module and an arduino. Just have the arduino trigger a contact on a controller. Probably less than 60 dollars in parts.

Google voice would be a possibility but lag would be concerning. I'd want the trigger from my actual phone.

Archived