C4 Forums | Control4

Quick irrigation advice

I currently have a Toro TMC-212 controller for my irrigation system (nothing special). I would like to have remote / mobile access to control my system and to have it integrated with C4 would be a bonus as well. I am currently looking at the Irrigation Caddy that was suggested on another thread. However, I don't see any integration option for C4 for the irrigation caddy.

I am currently running an HC 1000 and an HC - 300 with both RS232 ports in use and one free contact/relay. I have Ethernet and wireless access where the current controller is.

Thank you in advance.

Trying to run your sprinkler schedule through the C4 scheduler will be trying at best - and that assumes there are minimal changes to the schedule once you have something workable in place.

Although the irrigation caddy does not presently have integration with C4 - I can recommend it, having used it personally. It comes with a builtin web interface for managing your schedule and starting and stopping zones on demand. There is also a fully functional IOS app.

As a convenience, I would like the status of what zones are running and on demand control over zones via C4's navigator. But again having used the IC I have no actual need for scheduling via C4.

This all said, there is an API for the IC and a driver could be written if someone wanted to undertake that effort.

But Bill, how are you going to integrate wind and humidity and rainfall into the operation of your sprinkler system with that great new weather setup you have?

Personally, I think Rain8 is pretty sweet and I'm just scratching the surface at this point...

Although I don't even have my rain sensor integrated back into the mix yet. That it turns out should be easy enough to do without C4.

But Bill, how are you going to integrate wind and humidity and rainfall into the operation of your sprinkler system with that great new weather setup you have?

Personally, I think Rain8 is pretty sweet and I'm just scratching the surface at this point...

Although I don't even have my rain sensor integrated back into the mix yet. That it turns out should be easy enough to do without C4.

He he he - I sense a little sarcasm -

What may not be obvious is that since we built a new house, the irrigation system is all underground(drip - no sprayers above ground). So consequently - I do not need to worry about wind and humidity. The rainfall is set to turn off the irrigation automatically when it rains within the last 48 hours. And the humidity, I simply don't care about.

Bill

When I say wind, I mean you don't want to water your lawn when it is too windy because it will evaporate too quickly (I assume that is the logic). That's something I hadn't thought about but it was brought up on the forums in another irrigation thread. Humidity probably not going to be an item I would program around either...

You can check cyber rain, but for $180 usd and no subscription fees irrigation caddy is likely your best bet for a small to medium size installation. The majority of the time it's set it and forget it with some manual zone triggering here and there.

Archived