C4 Forums | Control4

New Construction and Infinity Edge Panels

DTxAg

We are building a new house, and the low-voltage wiring company our builder uses has installed single-gang blue electrical boxes at all of our touchscreen locations. We plan on using C4 Infinity Edge touchscreens at those locations.

My issue -- all blue electrical boxes are installed upright. They actually look taller than the retrofit wall boxes that are used with the Infinity Edge touchscreens. If we remove the blue electrical boxes after the drywall is put in and cut sideways to make the hole wide enough, to me it looks like the hole may be too tall for the retrofit boxes to fit in and lock onto the drywall on top and bottom.

Is this the normal way that the touchscreens are installed, and I'm just looking at the hole wrong? Or, is this an issue that could require us to patch the drywall before we have the touchscreens installed?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes, they are taller. When I did it I used the in wall box but in the end found that just running the wire and cutting the drywall to fit the retrofit box was the best because I wasn't sure how it would center above with the light switch cover and wanted it centered on top of a 5 gang box exactly. Either way is fine but a blue electrical box vertically is too tall from my experience. They are probably doing this so they can secure the wires somewhere. Did you have them install them at the correct height? That was another issue...I wanted to put the touchscreen where I wanted after I knew what things looked like (i.e. flooring, drywall, wife standing etc....). If you do this for a living I think this is a moot point but for diy people its harder than you think (to get it exact, and that is what I wanted).

the plastic one is $9.99 and the metal one is $19.99

you should check your local codes to be sure of which one you need.

Thanks. That's for the back boxes. I was asking about the touchscreen with camera unit. I thought I saw $999 MSRP. I wanted to confirm.

the plastic one is $9.99 and the metal one is $19.99

you should check your local codes to be sure of which one you need.

Thanks. That's for the back boxes. I was asking about the touchscreen with camera unit. I thought I saw $999 MSRP. I wanted to confirm.

yes the 7" IE with camera is $999

Archived