C4 Forums | Control4

HC800 gui into video distribution WITH CONTROL

Hey guys,

My home setup has 1 HC800 as the main controller and 2 HC250s (and 2 SR250 remotes) for the main areas(family room and theater) to allow access to the C4 gui on a tv and to be able to see the security cameras on the TV. My question is, I have a video distribution system that I would like to feed the output of the HC800 GUI into so that the other 6 TVs in the house can enjoy the same GUI and look at the security cameras etc. The question now is how to control it. I dont want to get those SR250 remotes for each room that has a TV to save on cost but i was wondering if there was a way to be able to control the GUI of the HC800 via a touch panel? I understand the c4 GUI is controlled via zigbee but i was wondering if there are ways around that? IP control perhaps?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

The gui is really only controlled by the remote. You could probably program a keypad to do up down left right etc but theres not much of a price difference. The touch panel is its own GUI and does not control the on-screen GUI.

Sorry.

C4 is controlling everything. I just thought the C4 UI on TVs was much more sleek than the Wirepath DVR UI but since controlling the hc800's UI via a touch panel wont work, I have resorted to hooking up the DVR's video out to the video distribution system and use the IR driver to control and move between cameras. This way I will still be able to see all the security cameras on all TVs

Thanks for everyone's help!

Archived