C4 Forums | Control4

Sony BDP7000ES sound issue!!!

Hi All,

I have had the 7000ES in my system for about a year now and it had been working perfectly. I recently installed a HC250 and am controlling the BD with the IP driver. The driver controls the changer fine, but when the 1st movie I play after the changer is turned on I do net get any audio. My receiver is older so I have an HDMI running to the tv and an optical running to my receiver. The only way I can get the audio working again is if I press the OPTION button on the Sony remote. Thats just pressing the button, the menu pops up, and I press it again to close the menu. Problem solved. I have never had any problems like this before. I was going to program some kind of HELP macro, but there is no OPTION command in the driver. The command is in the IR driver, but not the IP. Does anyone have any ideas why this happening or if there is a way to fix it?

Thanks

I've seen similar issues with the 7000 (try pressing stop ONCE once the movie is running, then play right away (should resume from last location - if you have sound then as well it's the same). Make sure it's updated to the latest version and if so, the two I've had this happen with were repaired by sony (one under warranty, the other for ~200 bucks)

Archived