C4 Forums | Control4

SR 250 went swimming

So one of my SR 250 remotes no longer works correctly. The remote is online, and all buttons work, (I can raise/lower volume, change channels etc) But there is no display . It's several years old. Is this fixable? The reason the screen is not working is probably my fault (I dropped it in sink filled with water!)

So I don't mind taking it apart if this is possible, just wondering if anyone has opened one of these up? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Unfortunately, what you've done is basically to turn an SR-250 (with a display) into an SR-150 (without a display).

I'm guessing you've fried something that drives the display, and that there's no practical way to get the display to work again, other than to purchase another remote.

Sorry.

If you do want to open it up, be aware that the two clamshell pieces that comprise the case are held together with plastic tabs, and that it's extremely difficult to open it up without breaking those tabs, and in the process, making it not snap back together when you want to put it back together.

I don't remember if it has screws, it may in the battery compartment, but most of it holding together are the plastic tabs.

Good luck.

RyanE

You'll find little of interest if you *do* open it up.

A big circuit board for the keys, an Ember ZigBee chip, and the display.

A few supporting chips / circuitry, and that's about it.

RyanE

Edited to Add: But feel free to do it! :)

Archived