C4 Forums | Control4

infinity touch screen cannot see controller

Hi ,

I have a 7 inch TS on wall that all of a sudden came up with the "hold to configure" option.

The network is OK and found, but it cannot see the director and has a disconnected status.

I've tried:

1. Rebooting (disconnecting from power)

2. Adding IP of controller in manually to TS

3. Removing the TS driver in composer and re-adding

4. Re-identifying, but this does not work automatically by holding the button down.

This sounds network related. A few suggestions/questions:

- are you running wireless or ethernet?

- are you running dhcp or static? (if static, try dhcp and see if you get an address)

- is there other Control4 devices connected the same way? Are those having problems?

Matt

I was having the exact same issue...until about 3PM (EDT) today.

For the last couple of days, my TS inexplicably stopped connecting to the Director (I haven't upgraded our HC800 to 2.4 yet). There weren't any other changes to our network. The TS wasn't having any issue connecting to my wifi, but it could never connect to the Director. The strange part was that my Director was listed in the TS' configuration. But when I clicked on the Director and the "Connect" button, the screen would pause for a few seconds and then it would still remain in the Disconnected status. It was frustrating me beyond belief.

I'm not sure what happened, but my TS was able to connect to the Director this afternoon and I'm back in business. The only thing I know I did was reboot my Apple Airport Extreme wifi router and I noticed the TS had a new IP address when everything came back on line. Maybe I had some sort of IP conflict messing things up. Who knows.

Hope your TS comes back online soon too dannyboy.

Archived