C4 Forums | Control4

Door Contact Closure

I want to connect a door contact relay to the sensor input on my HC-800. I have a viking door controller and want to be able to have the door strike relay close and have my control4 sense the closing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

The relay would likely be intended to be used to close the strike/lock, so it wouldn't be sensing when it gets locked in any other fashion. Can't really tie a sensor to a relay INPUT...

If it is a contact SENSOR - just tie 2 wires to it and two to a controller, one to 12v, one to SIG (wont matter which).

Would help if you know model/part nrs.

The Viking model is C-250. Here is a link the the specs.

http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/pdf/c-250.pdf

My goal of this is to be able to pick up the phone when the door rings talk to the person and if I want let them in by activating the door strike through my phone. I have a door lock connected to control 4 at the door through zigbee. I want the control4 to "know" when I activate the door strike then in programming I would tell c4 to open the door when the relay is activated.

You may not be able to sense anything on that - I can't see anything at least.

However I may have a solution you could consider:

Instead of having the Viking DIRECTLY control the strike, use the viking's relay to trigger a C4 sensor (12v to common, sig no NO) and have a C4 relay control the strike (just move connections on the viking relay over to the same on a C4 relay).

Then program on sensor closure to open the door-strike relay for whatever time you want and unlock the door-lock.

Note that the addition of sensors and relay would of course require ComposerPro

Archived