C4 Forums | Control4

Yale Battery Low Programming

Gene

Ok, this is simple but I must be missing something (I have 4sight and remote setup correctly). I created an e-mail agent to have the system e-mail me when the battery is for the Yale Lock is Low. I then went to programming and clicked on the room and the yale fine living and selected 'Tamper Alarm Low Battery' selection. On the right I selected the correct lock and chose the email agent and dragged it to the center. I click 'execute' to test it and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks! All my locks recently ran out of batteries and it made for a miserable day since I didn't have my keys! Finally, I'm getting around to this programming but I'm doing something wrong.

I have my programmed on lock/unlock events or once a week I have it checked on a scheduled event.

For example:

When my Yale lock unlocks – hit the + sign on the Yale lock inside Device Action > Select Conditional, if less than 45% > send me an email notification.

The same script is used in the schedule notification.

I hope this helps.

Matt

I tried logging into my.control4.com account and I can get my project to load (I'm on 2.3) but when I'm in composer 2.3 and I try to execute any of the agent e-mail notifications they don't go through. I have remote turned on and can access things remotely just fine. I know my.control4.com looks different now and it says I have 4sight but as far as my system isn't sending the e-mails. Any other way to test 4sight given e-mail notifications aren't working?

Thanks Matt! It works today. I have no idea why but when I logged into composer and did logging to see if it was my firewall vpn blocking outbound traffic, the e-mails started to work when I tested the programming. I have to get the SMTP driver though so I have no other issues with 4sight.

Archived